Tuesday, November 07, 2006

In the beginning...

Hopefully you've found my website via a friend who referred you, an internet search, random chance or if I gave you my card after taking your picture.

I am dissatisfied with the other "fashion/style" photoblogs that are out there today. They either seem too aloof or too smarmy and have such a strict point of view.

Therefore, after a push from some encouraging friends who know that I have world class eye for style from high to low (albeit I prefer the high, who doesn't?) I have decided to finally do it and establish my own New York based fashion/style photoblog: The Boy About Town.

I hope to capture anything that is striking in a good way or a bad way. I welcome comments of praise and I encourage "negative" comments (don't demean myself, the subjects, the photos or make rude or offensive remarks) that have a relevance to the matter at hand and are done with tact and composure.
Ex: "The outfit looks great but the Louis Vuitton monogram handbag really kills it for me." is a good one. "This trashy girl is so poor and attention starved that she has to save up for a year to buy a logo bag WHAT A LOSER!" is just in poor taste and will be deleted.

I look forward to capturing many images here in New York and as well in my travels. Other photoblogs really don't give an idea of the bloggers life in terms of subject matter. I hope to incorporate not only myself; but, some other crazy characters here in New York to make the blog seem much more accessible.

I have a lot of great ideas and themes in mind for photo series and I really look forward to the enjoyment that you'll take away from my blog as well as the personal enjoyment I get from the style of the world around me. Hopefully soon when I take someone's picture they'll say "Oh, you're that boy about town with the photoblog that I've heard about."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to see your pics.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Triath.

Congratulations with the blog, its always good to find a new perspective of the NY style, that never stops to amaze me.

Barca

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found out about your blog on men.style.com and just wanted to tell you that your doing a great job! nothing extra or pompous, just pics of people expresing their individuality via fashion. keep up the good work and i will be spreading the word!

Bomi

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home